Monday, May 9, 2016

5 Cheap and Easy Ways to Motivate Yourself off the Couch and Into the Gym (Guest Post)

Today's blog post is from a guest blogger.  If you've never read any of Megan Smither's stuff, you're in for a real treat.  She is a beautiful young woman, creative and sweet to the core.  She makes her living as a flight attendant and travels the world, visiting places many of us would only dream about.  Her writing style is so unique and fun, but it will make you think even as you laugh out loud.

Oh, did I mention, she's my sister.

If you're needing some motivation to get back into exercise, look no further.  By the way, her tips are all cheap and easy.

Check out the rest of her stuff at: www.inflightandfabulous.com

5 Cheap and Easy Ways to Motivate Yourself off the Couch and Into the Gym


I was in Phoenix, Arizona this past week lounging in the pool with some of my friends, and we starting talking about health and fitness. As you all know, “Winter is Not Coming,” for all you Game of Thrones fans out there😉 In fact, summer is practically here, and it has everyone in a panic, remembering all of those winter nights… and days… cuddled up on the couch with a large pizza and a box of chocolates (we have to keep ourselves warm somehow people!!). As we were talking, I realized that the biggest problem is not the gym itself, but getting there. So I want to focus this month on health and fitness, and I think that the best place to start is motivation, because in my opinion, staying motivated is the hardest hurdle we have to face in order to get healthy and stay that way. Prepare to be motivated people! By the end of this article, I expect you to have your tennies (tennis shoes) on and your butt out the door.
  1. The Calendar Method: Such a clever name… I know. I came up with it myself ;p For those of you who don’t know me, I started my adult career as a teacher. I did some teaching in primary schools and some in pre-school. The one thing that I found to always motivate my students was stickers. I would give them a sticker on a chart for good behavior and then throughout the year they could visually track their progress. Stickers are magical y’all. I’m telling you! This year, gradually getting used to my busy lifestyle as a flight attendant, I found myself working out less and less. I knew that I had to come up with some way to track the days I worked out, so I came up with the calendar method.   
To read the full post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment